Old 14-09-2006, 04:27 PM posted to aus.gardens,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default snail repellent

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" wrote in
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

That's a completely new twist on an old recipe. Dunno if I like

the
sound of boiling the snails.

The more usual way to make this spray for any insect pest is to
collect the bug that is to be destroyed, to put it in her blender,

add
cold water then blend it and then to leave the resulant stew to
ferment for a few days before straining and then using the

strained
juice on the plant which had the problem bug.

Does this actually work?

:-))) I only have one blender so there is NO way I'm going to try it
till I can find another blender cheap in a second hand shop.

It's touted to work by the organic mob (or is it the biodynamic??? or
perhaps I've read of it in Jackie French's books???). It does make
some sense to me though. The smell of a fellow humans rotting remains
would be enough to turn me off going near a place so I suspect that it
may just work with bugs.

I'd like to try it with cabbage worms......

Let me know how it works please ;-)))