Old 14-09-2006, 09:41 PM posted to austin.gardening
Tom Tom is offline

Default Carpenter Ants

wrote in message
As I understand it, to eliminate Carpenter Ants a bait specific to them
is needed. I've looked around the area local stores, but haven't found
any. I know the ants don't do much/if any damage, but I want them gone!
Anyone know where the bait can be found locally? Not interested in
internet purchasing....way too expensive.

Dave S(Texas)

I haven't tested this specifically for carpenter ants, but it is worth a try
and it's cheap. It won't kill ants, but will sure keep them away (and maybe
shoo them away to your neighbor's) . Soap, yes soap, keeps ants away (but
won't kill them). After spraying the interior of the house with the normal
ant killer spray, for future preventative intrusion spray around the house
exterior a liquid film of soap, such as liquid dish soap. It is non-toxic
to humans and pets.

Tom