Old 14-09-2006, 01:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default On the subject of allotments

It's not really an allotment, but I'm getting to the idea of vegging on the
bank. Trouble is, it's on a wicked slope, about 1 in 2. Is this likely to
make it drain too much for most veggies? I know most stuff need water to
produce the bits you eat, apart from root veg.

Anyone had experience of growing veg (particularly legumes) on a slope like
that?

I could quite easily rig up a pump to water it straight from the river
though, as long as the veg was washed properly before eating that shouldn't
be a problem.

I think I might also get competition from Mr Ratty and his friends the
rabbits, but maybe I can fence that off in a Mr McGregor stylee.