Old 14-09-2006, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default On the subject of allotments

Uncle Marvo writes
It's not really an allotment, but I'm getting to the idea of vegging on the
bank. Trouble is, it's on a wicked slope, about 1 in 2. Is this likely to
make it drain too much for most veggies? I know most stuff need water to
produce the bits you eat, apart from root veg.

Apart from root veg? Ever tried growing radishes without much water? ;-)

French beans can cope better than runners. What's the soil like
otherwise?
--
Kay