Old 14-09-2006, 02:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams[_2_] michael adams[_2_] is offline

Default On the subject of allotments

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
It's not really an allotment, but I'm getting to the idea of vegging on

the
bank. Trouble is, it's on a wicked slope, about 1 in 2. Is this likely to
make it drain too much for most veggies? I know most stuff need water to
produce the bits you eat, apart from root veg.

Anyone had experience of growing veg (particularly legumes) on a slope

like
that?

I could quite easily rig up a pump to water it straight from the river
though, as long as the veg was washed properly before eating that

shouldn't
be a problem.

I think I might also get competition from Mr Ratty and his friends the
rabbits, but maybe I can fence that off in a Mr McGregor stylee.

At the moment, what's preventing this bank of yours from gradually
sliding into the river, whenever there's heavy rain ?

That might no longer be there, if you dig it all up ?

michael adams