Old 14-09-2006, 02:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Errors of new allotment gardeners.

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 11:58:42 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from Paul Corfield contains these words:

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 09:51:26 +0100, "shazzbat"
wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
I though I'd mention this to help any budding allotment growers.

Seen on our site this year...

Well exactly - I'm afraid I read the list as people being "told off".

How could Bob be telling people off for their mistakes? This is a
newsgroup, not his allotment. He makes it clear he's posting tips for
people on this group.

But it comes across as smug - sorry but that is the tone I pick up from
the way it is written.

There is a way to write these sorts of things which would be much more
helpful and supportive rather than condemnatory.

Pot, kettle, black.

A not unexpected response from you. Are you capable of not making such
remarks?
--
Paul C