Old 14-09-2006, 03:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default On the subject of allotments

Uncle Marvo wrote:
It is brilliant for growing stinging nettles and dock. That's all I know.

Therefore let me tell you that you have an acid soil and prior to
growing vegetables, especially legumes like you wish, you will need to
lime it first.

But it's right by a river so should be good.

Blueberries would like that.

Water is there, just a question
of getting it up to the top. I could pump it uphill and let it run down, but
that might be too much. Or set up a sprinkler, shouldn't be a problem.

Phew ... far too complicated for me already ;o)