Old 14-09-2006, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Errors of new allotment gardeners.

Uncle Marvo wrote:
One of the great things about allotments is that you get all sorts of
advice, right and/or wrong, from neighbouring allotmenters. You know which
is right and which is wrong by looking at the fruits, and veggies, of their
labours.

In my allotments society, size matters.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but tut-tutting will go over my head.

Not me. I'm latin.

Any idea why it is difficult to start a discussion on urg without somebody
getting the hump?

Errrr ... beside being latin? I don't know really.

No, didn't think so. I have one theory ... anyone want to hear it?

Sure.