Old 14-09-2006, 04:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Errors of new allotment gardeners.

David (in Normandy) wrote:
I'm afraid I've got to hold my hand up to that one!

Don't be afraid. We're here.

Having just moved from a
house with a small garden to a house with over an acre I've got carried away
and rotovated an area of 450 square metres of grassland for our new veg
plot.

Now this should go on Bob's list.

I still managed to over-fill it though and ended up planting sweetcorn

elsewhere! Problem has been the weeding - I just haven't had enough time to
keep up with manually pulling the vast amount of weeds, some of which have
unfortunately run to seed thus compounding the problem further. As my other
half says "one years seeds - seven years weeds!" She also complains that I
have grown enough cabbages, onions, runner beans, marrows and potatoes to
feed a village! At least we won't starve!

Well done. Do you have any chickens? Perhaps moving them about on say
200m2 next spring would help you considerably with weeds and bugs. I'm
jealous.