Old 14-09-2006, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default On the subject of allotments

Uncle Marvo wrote:
Lime 'R' us. Any recommendations as to what sort and how much I should use?
I have a pH thingy here somewhere ...

Ground chalk is nicer to use and now would be ideal time before digging
for next year. But you're on a slop and the hydroxide one is more
soluble. I leave it to you to decide, I'm not sure how sloppy your slop
slops.

Blueberries are the new wonder veg, apparently. They contain all the good
things that we lack in a modern diet, so I'm reliably informed. And most of
the ones we get most of the year are from noo Zealand and thus roger about 3
tonnes of carbon per berry. I adore blueberries.

Huh?! I've had lots of berries this year from only 4 bushes, 2 at home
and 2 on the lotty. So much I was tempted to put some in salads,
bolognese, mash spuds ....

That's the bit I like best, the engineering :-)

I'd guess that. I don't have the head for it unless I get instruction
in several languages and can laugh at the spelling mistookes.