Old 14-09-2006, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default On the subject of allotments

, I, Marvo, say :

Uncle Marvo wrote:
Lime 'R' us. Any recommendations as to what sort and how much I
should use? I have a pH thingy here somewhere ...

Ground chalk is nicer to use and now would be ideal time before
digging for next year. But you're on a slop and the hydroxide one is
more soluble. I leave it to you to decide, I'm not sure how sloppy
your slop slops.

Sloppily. I need to think and experiment. Or build a wall!

Blueberries are the new wonder veg, apparently. They contain all the
good things that we lack in a modern diet, so I'm reliably informed.
And most of the ones we get most of the year are from noo Zealand
and thus roger about 3 tonnes of carbon per berry. I adore
blueberries.

Huh?! I've had lots of berries this year from only 4 bushes, 2 at home
and 2 on the lotty. So much I was tempted to put some in salads,
bolognese, mash spuds ....

Can't you make a liqueur from them too? Can't remember what it's called, but
it's on the same lines as Cassis or Mur I think.

That's the bit I like best, the engineering :-)

I'd guess that. I don't have the head for it unless I get instruction
in several languages and can laugh at the spelling mistookes.

You read the /manuals/?