Old 14-09-2006, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Errors of new allotment gardeners.

Uncle Marvo wrote:
Sheeps?

Oui! Two as well. Isn't that great?! If only I had the land ...

I'm sure that veggie poo is suitable for composting, but I wouldn't
be sure ... some time ago the dictatorship^Wgovernment said you weren't
supposed to compost tea bags or eggshells, now it seems you should.

I compost tea bags but not eggshells. I don't want to attract rats. My
oldest cat got bitten by one and nearly died. He killed the rat but
that was very costly in vet bills (for my cat, not the rat). My poor
Figaro had a huge pus ulcer - we didn't noticed soon enough. But he
survived. He's 17.

compost left over curry, myself, and virtually anything else. I manage to
fill a black bag every five weeks, and most of that is oily rags and the
plastic wrappings off fag packets :-)

I'm a hand roller myself. Well done to you for doing just one black
bag. We're four people here, plus a menagerie of pets and I do around 2
black bags/week. I don't put food in my compost - only veg/fruits peels
and garden stuff, paper, carboard but not too exessively on the later
two. You put food on yours? Do you get nocturnal visitors? You'd get my
friend SkipKate if she knew where you lived LOL!!!