Old 14-09-2006, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Errors of new allotment gardeners.

Bazzler wrote:
I hope people didn't think I was having a go at the original posts.
The points about the potential height & weight of the produce are
great. I just can't believe that anyone would be ignorant of the facts
that you should 'shut the gate' and 'dont tip on other plots'.
Anyway. If I came over as stroppy, I appologise. It certainly wasn't
intended.

tell you, a problem on my lotty. You see, the older folks, they are,
errr... lovely but forgetful. Only the other day, there was this chap,
who is desperate to get me into his shed to show me his lovely
collection of tools I presume, loaded his bike with things and thangs
and just rode off leaving the gates open. I'm a wimmin, and security is
paramount for me, especially when I find myself all alone on my plot at
10pm. Throwing stuff on other's plot - just make sure I don't catch you
doing this on mine ....

Thanks for these Steve... Where does 'drinking tea' fall into these
categories? So far my allotment planning comprises:
- Tea making facilities (kelly kettle)
- Biscuits
- Emergency biscuits

Comfy seat. You forgot comfy seat.