Old 14-09-2006, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Errors of new allotment gardeners.

Uncle Marvo wrote:
My French friend STILL can't work out the plural of "sheep", and he's been
here for nearly ten years :-)

I can't either after 25 years, that's why I wrote moutons. I also have
tricks with unpronounciable pronounciation: I stay well away from the
word sheet and I have a variety of words which plurial should be
obvious, like hairs, foots ... as for 'h' sounds, well, I 'ave still to
master this 'has' I put them w'h'ere zey shouldn't be. The word
'thoroughly' is frankly a joke and 'ch' and 'sh' is a waste of time and
effort as far as I am concerned. The words describing a boat and a
mouton I find like your friend particularly tricky.

The dogs in my life are the only ones who don't ask me to repeat. Bless
zem.