Old 14-09-2006, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default On the subject of allotments

Uncle Marvo wrote:
Sloppily. I need to think and experiment. Or build a wall!

Count me out. I'm already tired just to think of it.

Can't you make a liqueur from them too? Can't remember what it's called, but
it's on the same lines as Cassis or Mur I think.

Cassis is from black currants. But yes. I could try.

You read the /manuals/?

Well ... no. Only the little papers that tell you how to built/put
together something, like on a toaster: plug it. Those I like very much.

I suffer from having lived with blokes for a long time and find myself
retreating into my shell when I hear proposals on building devices
which will save a bit of money with some cellotape and radiator's ASP23
cutting dies. I get frighten not to be able to find my cats under all
the mess they do in the process and having to clean but more to the
point finance a very silly idea. Don't get me wrong - I let them
experiment, but we don't have a garage, and the dining room is sadly
the only place they use, which eventually will reach the kitchen
because they simply can't stop what they are doing whilst eating ... I
prefer not to think about it. In fact I already have a headache.