Old 14-09-2006, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Errors of new allotment gardeners.

Uncle Marvo writes
.com, I, Marvo, say :

K wrote:
I presume we stake them because they take up less space and are
easier to pick.

I let my sweet peas scramble on the ground to the tut tut of old
allotmenters .... In the case of the toms in Greece - it's dry, less
problem with slugs and therefore no need to stake them.

One of the great things about allotments is that you get all sorts of
advice, right and/or wrong, from neighbouring allotmenters. You know which
is right and which is wrong by looking at the fruits, and veggies, of their
labours.

Assuming, of course, that they follow their own advice.

--
Kay