Old 14-09-2006, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(in Normandy\) David \(in Normandy\) is offline

Default Errors of new allotment gardeners.

"Mike" wrote in message
I give this advice as you are wishing to produce for the family, but I
feel
that 4 will NOT feed your family round the year.

Mike

Thanks Mike. Advice noted. There are only two of us to feed with eggs so I
was working on the basis of 2 eggs every three days - I think I read
somewhere that was the average? That would work out at 8 eggs every three
days which would be more than adequate. Though I understand that without
prolonging daylight during Winter that egg production can stop completely.
In your experience what laying rates would you expect at different times of
the year?
--
David
.... Email address on website http://www.avisoft.co.uk