Old 15-09-2006, 09:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Errors of new allotment gardeners.

, I, Marvo, say :

K wrote:

A boat? The plural of boat is boats. And they are all female,
unlike your male bateau, and your bateaux.

Ship or sheep or chip sound? I never know.

I think she means 'sheep' as the plural of 'sheep' as compared with
'sheeps' as the plural of 'sheep' = boat with a french accent ;-)

o) But no, it's the 'ship' and 'sheep' sound thing.

Sheep sounds like chips, and ship sounds like nothing French at all.

I like French accents.