Old 15-09-2006, 10:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Plants for home security

On 15/9/06 10:05, in article , "Uncle Marvo"

, I, Marvo, say :

In message , Uncle Marvo
writes
Burglaris Disembowlis

Really, I've seenit in action. I think the name might be made up, but
the plant is real. Perhaps it /is/ a pyrocanthus. You can google it.

Only if you spell it pyracantha ;-)

But yes, it ticks all those boxes: pretty lethal, evergreen, white
froth of blossom in early summer, birds love the berries ...

I can vouch for the effectiveness of one of those pyrothingies, I scratched
myself on one trying to remove it (for a friend) and ended up on antibiotics
for 14 days. Nasty.

Holly doesn't like to be argued with, some berberis have spectacular thorns
as do some roses like Rosa rugosa, and depending on location, Grevillea
rosmarinifolia is not good to fight with. Prunus spinosa (Blackthorn) has
the benefit of thorns and sloes.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk