Old 15-09-2006, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Errors of new allotment gardeners.

Uncle Marvo writes
, I, Marvo, say :

If you watch a polyglot speak alien languages (something I do often) you
will see that their face changes completely. An indigenous Englishperson
speaking French will make his/her nose "thinner" and pout.

Yes, I'd come to the same conclusion, from trying to see just how
geordies massacre vowels, and then from trying to reproduce portuguese
sounds. Unfortunately, I have a lousy ear, so although I can pick up
grammar fairly easily, I only get half way through 'kalimera', bom dia'
or whatever before the native speaker responds to me in english!
--
Kay