Old 15-09-2006, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Errors of new allotment gardeners.

Uncle Marvo writes
, I, Marvo, say :

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 Mike wrote:

Now this is the problem, (disgusting yes I agree), but
is it penises or penie ?

Any experts in grammar/english/plurals here?

It can be either penises or penes.

Oh no, here we go, it can't. It is archaic, because the word has been
absorbed into English. It's etymology is latin but the word no longer is,
thus its plural follows the rules of English.

But we don't say 'thesises' or 'analysises' (or even 'sheeps')
--
Kay