Old 15-09-2006, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Plant Finder Software?

On 15/9/06 12:06, in article , "Uncle Marvo"

who wrote this in , I, Marvo, say :

"Sacha" wrote in message
Yes, it's called uk.rec.gardening! ;-)
--
Sacha

Now if someone created an online plant database searchable by
different criteria as the original poster suggested, how wonderful
would that be? snip

Might be. But not if it was like Wikipaedia, as that would end up with loads
of misinformation which would be silly.

I can "do" software, my business head is not screwed on.

Isn't this similar to what some American nurseries do using zoning? I think
the problem with UK is going to be the big climate variations within very
small distances. I suppose that could be built in to such a database
though, in terms of a warning.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk