Old 15-09-2006, 04:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Gail Futoran[_1_] Gail Futoran[_1_] is offline

Default Cemetary Roses.

"jtill" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, my little old rose is blooming again, pink and just as big as a
nickel with nine more buds showing!
Joe T
Baytown

Cool! How much does it resemble the parent? Are the blooms the same size?

I was away from home for a week for the first time all summer; fortunately
that week our temperatures got lower and we actually got some rain.
Previously I had been watering my roses every 3-4 days and only losing a few
of the weaker ones.

I had an Iceberg planted by my driveway and it did fine for two years;
absolutely no problems. Then I transplanted it into one of the beds, a spot
where I had lost 3 or 4 other roses since 1999. I should have known! My
poor Iceberg, which I transplanted in January (it should have been well
established by August), dried up and died. ::sob::

So now I don't know what to do with that spot. I always put in new soil
when I transplant, but usually only in a hole large enough for
transplanting. Now I'm thinking of digging out a much larger hole and
putting in all new soil before putting anything else in there.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8 USA