Old 15-09-2006, 04:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(in Normandy\) David \(in Normandy\) is offline

Default Full Shade Bed

Hi - new to this forum - just needed some advice please. Live in
Suffolk, Have a flower bed that is constantly in shade, day in day out
- full time. Due to our fence, would like some suggestions on
plants/shrubs that will be happy there and possibly any flowering
plants - finding it hard to have any success. Thanks for your replies!
--
FOXYDM

We had a smallish bed in shade much of the day back in Nottingham so put
down a weed suppressant membrane, covered it with pea shingle then set a
very nice jasmine climber at the back of it on a little trellis, a tree fern
in the middle of the bed and some hostas dotted around it. It looked very
good and brought a dark dull space to life.
--
David
.... Email address on website http://www.avisoft.co.uk