Old 15-09-2006, 04:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(in Normandy\) David \(in Normandy\) is offline

Default Plants for home security

Hasn't worked for me. I had open boundaries and a not very secure barn
and have had two ride-on mowers stolen. There seems to be a particular
problem round here with garden machinery and also with the fact that
once you've had one theft you're likely to get a second visit once it's
assumed you've had time to replace the articles stolen the first time.

Janet G

Similar happened to my father on his smallholding. Someone broke into his
garage and took away his rotovator. They must have been really brazen
because it happened mid morning and they must have driven a van or low
loader onto his property. Ironically he was indoors at the time and never
heard or saw a thing.

On another occasion someone smashed the double glazed glass on his front
door, scrambled through the hole and broken glass, grabbed a purse and a few
other small items then made off through the hole again - this at around 6am
while my father was asleep upstairs. By the time he got down stairs he just
saw them legging it down his path. Police caught them later, turned out to
be druggies. Barriers and boundary security make no difference to these
people - when they are desperate for a fix they will break into anywhere.
They also don't seem to care if anyone is there either.
--
David
.... Email address on website http://www.avisoft.co.uk