Old 15-09-2006, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Plants for home security

On 15/9/06 17:48, in article , "Janet
Galpin" wrote:
snip
I'm deep in the fens of S. Lincolnshire. Fairly isolated. I've now got a
heavy duty gate and various other fortifications so that at least it's
not easy to drive a big white van in. It was easy before for someone to
spend quite a time in my yard without feeling overlooked by anyone.

I've had mower number 3 for just over a week so here's hoping ......

If you haven't got them already I suggest a large dog with a deep voice and
a small dog that wakes up the large one! And I'm not being facetious,
either - a policeman recommended that to me years ago. Lights etc. help,
too, though I'm sure you know all about that! We have two Jack Russells and
a wire haired dachshund, the latter has a deep voice like something out of
Baskerville territory and all go off like rockets as soon as anyone
approaches the house.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk