Old 15-09-2006, 11:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] jankey@erols.com is offline

Default Taking a pot shot at plant presents

LOL!!!!!!!! what a great article!

"Sometimes the children are so busy themselves they don't have time for
physical movement and are forced to become horrible little fat balls
that look like someone has shrink-wrapped a school uniform round a
space-hopper."

hee!!

but he's right of course; i had no sooner killed my first onc when my
birthday came around and a friend gave me--an onc. fortunately it's
actually a big husky vuyl that's growing pretty well (and trying to
climb out of its pot and eat the phal next to it) and blooms regularly,
so i didn't have too much of the "oh crap what if i kill this plant?!"
problem.

my mother gave my SIL a diffenbachia that she'd had for literally 30
years; my SIL is terrified she's going to kill it and offend my mother.
of course, i think my mother gave it to her because the damn thing
refused to die for 30 yrs, and this was a good way of getting rid of it
without just throwing it away. (neither of us can just toss a healthy
plant--which i why have two big NOID phal's approaching specimen size
in my living room. -sigh- )

--j_a