Old 16-09-2006, 03:08 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Artemis Artemis is offline

Default Craftsman snowblower color

dave wrote:
Srgnt Billko wrote:

"dave" wrote in message

I was going to buy an MTD, but have been talked out of it. This is a
track drive, and it is gray. It looks good, but the guy doesn't know
how old it is.

You might have a better chance of figuring out the year based on the serial
number of the engine.

I tried that too. No luck. It is--- 536.885472

That is the craftsman model number. 536 is their code for the mfg.
Look on the engine. The numbers are stamped in the flywheel shroud. If
it is a Briggs the first 2 digits of the code (not serial) will be the
year built. If it is a Tecumseh I don't think you can tell.

--
Art