Old 16-09-2006, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Fruit flies

Janet Galpin wrote:
Mainly, I think, because I have a lot of havested fruit and vegetables
in my kitchen - plums, apples, tomatoes, etc - I seem to get more and
more little fruit flies each year.
I wondered what environmentally friendly methods urglers use to keep
levels of these small flies under control at this time of year.

Find where they breed, usually in decaying fruit/veg. When I returned
from my holidays, as soon as I moved the fruit bowl containing apples
which I had forgotten, the flies all took off. Keep you fruits/vegs
covered and make sure none are damaged/rotten at this time of year
espcially.