Old 16-09-2006, 05:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(in Normandy\) David \(in Normandy\) is offline

Default Fruit flies

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
I hate flies around food and work
surfaces and won't use insecticide sprays in a food prep area. So, every
morning starts with a rolled up newspaper and some aerobics.

Janet.

Plastic fly swotters are available to buy really cheaply from everywhere
here in France. Strangely I've never noticed them for sale back in the UK.
Very effective and quicker to swot with than a rolled up newspaper since
they are much lighter. House flies make easy targets, but meat flies are a
real problem - they never stay still long enough to be swotted so they have
to be chased around the room while flying - pity I don't play tennis - my
forearm smash has improved no end :-)

--
David
.... Email address on website http://www.avisoft.co.uk