Old 16-09-2006, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Klara Klara is offline

Default Huge blue butterfly

In message , Sacha
writes
Fluttering around the garden and one of the green houses yesterday, at
least 5 people saw a very large sky blue butterfly. By very large, it
was described as being about 5 or 6" across! Even allowing for the
exaggeration of memory and reducing that to 3 or 4", it's still pretty
big. Does anyone know what that might be or whether we have an escapee
from the Buckfastleigh butterfly farm? And how far can butterflies
roam, anyway? Any (polite) suggestions would be welcomed as to ID

Could they have mistaken a hawkmoth for a butterfly? They are pretty
big, and I think there is a blue one ...

--
Klara, Gatwick basin