Old 16-09-2006, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Fruit flies

On 16/9/06 17:12, in article , "Russel Sprout"
wrote:

"Janet Galpin" wrote in message
Mainly, I think, because I have a lot of havested fruit and vegetables
in my kitchen - plums, apples, tomatoes, etc - I seem to get more and
more little fruit flies each year.

I wondered what environmentally friendly methods urglers use to keep
levels of these small flies under control at this time of year.

Janet G

Fly Paper.

Yes, we have that in our own kitchen and a zapper in the tea room and its
kitchen. Someone told me today of a fly swat that is electrified so that
you zap as soon as you hit the fly. And in reply to David, I found fly
swats in our local and delightfully old-fashioned-but-efficient ironmongers.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk