Old 16-09-2006, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BoyPete BoyPete is offline

Default Grapes to wine

La Puce wrote:
BoyPete wrote:
There is a very old vine in my mums garden, laden with masses of
grapes. They are too tart to eat, so I thought 'wine'
Some are ripe to the point of being soft, others are still green. I
have all the equipment to make wine from concentrates, but don't
know how to process the grapes. Can I mix the less ripe with the
ripe. That'll do for a start

Just like with the apples, I suspect, you could freeze what is ripe
until the rest of the grapes have catch up and then crush the lot at
the same time. Frosen fruits are easier to crush into bits ! That's
what I would do. Now if you are impatient to start - I wouldn't mix
the two, ripes and not ripes.

Good idea.............now, where can I get a commercial size freezer? lol
--
ßôyþëtë