Old 17-09-2006, 05:35 AM posted to rec.gardens
jj jj is offline

Default preventing weeds using a greenhouse?

wrote:
We have a large vegetable garden.

weeds eventually grow throughout the garden, and of course need to be
removed, which is a tedious job.

I don't know where the weeds come from, but they only grow in the
garden, and they grow fast.

Worth mentioning to you ----- for years we purchased something called
Bandini from a "shall remain unnamed" hardware store. It worked
extremely well as a year-round fertilizer supplement, soil conditioner,
root protection from heat and moisture retention. I can no longer get
Bandini in the Phoenix area, perhaps it is not produced. I have
purchased 20-30 bags of the generic substitute twice. I have NEVER had
a weed problem, but now I can't stay ahead of two weeds I have never
seen before. In the future, I will purchase a 'trial' bag of new
products, spread it in a tray and attempt to sprout whatever might be
in it thereby allowing it to show itself.