Old 17-09-2006, 12:47 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Tominama Tominama is offline

Default Not SPINACH!?!?

Don't think it had anything to do with the distribution network. Had
everything to do with contamination of the irrigation water with waste run
off from cattle operations nearby. The bacteria is taken up into the plant
and can't be washed off. Symptoms don't show up in people for a few days.
Nasty.
"Seymour Bigby-Heinz" -stuff wrote in message
Well, somebody's foolish procedures somewhere in the food distribution
network has screwed-up our spinach supply. Guess what I'll be adding
to my garden...

Sy