Old 17-09-2006, 08:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default Not SPINACH!?!?

"Tominama" wrote in
:

Don't think it had anything to do with the distribution network. Had
everything to do with contamination of the irrigation water with waste
run off from cattle operations nearby. The bacteria is taken up into
the plant and can't be washed off. Symptoms don't show up in people
for a few days. Nasty.

That explains why a plant would get such a bacteria. I was wondering
about that, with most the concern being over E.Coli in animals.

Puckdropper -- Who eats his spinach from a can like Popeye, but drains
and heats it first!