Old 17-09-2006, 07:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default Plants for home security

"Serene Blue" wrote in message

Hi all,
After the umpteenth burglary at "casa bleu", I need to resort to some
stiff security steps.
I want to plant some thorny barriers.
Is there a thorny barrier that is evergreen/non deciduous that I can
stick along the fence as well? Hopefully with a bird and building
friendly characteristic?
Serene Blue

I've got a mix of a very thorny blackberry and a climbing/rambling roses,
which I at first attached to wires to achieve the height I wanted along my
back wall.

Looks good, tastes great and forms a really prickly barrier.

Pyracantha would work well too, and Berberis.

Jenny