Old 17-09-2006, 10:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] arlev@REMOVEclara.net is offline

Default Apples

On 12 Sep 2006 02:32:14 -0700, "La Puce" wrote:

I've battled with moths for 6 years now. I've ringed it every year and
used a trap with pheromones to attract the males moths - lots were in
there but still got very few apples even though we had a spectacular
show of flowers each spring.

I have however discovered that hawthorns are bad in the vacinity of
apple trees. I have two hawthorns within 5 metres of the tree! So it's
goodbye to my apple tree (

We have a whole hedge of hawthorns plus one tree within 5 metres and the apples have very
few problems. We did use band 2 years running and a pheremone trap the next year but I
have done nothing since.

Kath