Old 21-03-2003, 03:56 AM
Dwayne

Default ?? OH my LADY BUGS!

My wife and I caught about 16 of them last fall and put them into a room
with the "plants" and closed the door. She has nearly 20 plants that she
kept there. Some were full of aphids. After a 3 weeks most of the lady
bugs were gone and she killed a couple of "fat" spiders. Lady bugs
hibernate when living outside (she looked it up on the Internet), but with
the extra food on the cotton balls, they managed to rid us of the aphids.

We have since moved the plants out of that room and most of them go outside
when we get a really nice day.
We hope they went into hibernation, and if so, we will try to put them
outside in the spring after they wake up.

Dwayne

"bunnie" wrote in message
AWESOME TIP!
Thanks so much!
We have noticed a definite clearing of the aphids, & 3 lady bugs show up
throughout the day. The planter is near a warm window & they periodically
fly off & onto the window.... I am getting the honey out right now!
Thanks again ;-)
Sandra