Old 17-09-2006, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(in Normandy\) David \(in Normandy\) is offline

Default lavender and grass

wrote in message
ups.com...
Now here's an odd thing. I have two large tubs of lavender, one
white the other blue, standing almost next to each otheron my balcony.
The blue lavender tub gets infested with a strong grass - don't know
which kind, but it would be suitable for a lawn - which I have to keep
weeding out, but which seems to leave the white lavender alone. Any
ideas why?

I could be that the blue lavender was originally accidentally planted with a
snippet of twitch grass root amongst the compost. (I think this is what is
called couch grass in other parts of the country). Unless you remove every
last bit of root it will just keep growing. Even a tiny 1/2" bit of root
will grow again.
--
David
.... Email address on website http://www.avisoft.co.uk