Old 17-09-2006, 08:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Klara Klara is offline

Default Huge blue butterfly

On 17/9/06 08:09, in article ,
"Malcolm" wrote:

There isn't one that is remotely "sky blue", the most on the wings of
any of them are some small bluish patches on the otherwise green
Oleander hawkmoth, while the Death's-head has a blue stripe on the body.

What colour are convolvulus hawkmoths? In google they look everything
from blue to cerise to grey ...

In message , Sacha
writes

Having seen the elephant hawk moth caterpillar here, I do hope we see
the moth which appears to be the most lovely shade of pink.

They are SO beautiful! We had some one year - one of the too many when
we had no time for any gardening to speak of and so the greenhouse was
full of rosebay willowherb. It's almost worth while to keep a greenhouse
full of it just for the moths - and even the caterpillars ...

--
Klara, Gatwick basin