Old 18-09-2006, 03:41 AM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster Kay Lancaster is offline

Default wild buckwheat

If what you have is Polygonum convolvulus, black bindweed,
(I know various species of our native Eriogonum as "wild buckwheat"),
it's a late-germinating annual. Watch for it to come up, and chop
it off with a hoe. Get it young enough and you only have to
scuffle the soil.

Add mulch. Good weed suppressant, and the raspberries will like it too.

And forget about flamethrowers. Definitely overkill.

Kay