Old 18-09-2006, 11:46 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray[_1_] Ray[_1_] is offline

Default Wal Mart orchid pitures

It could be either one, or neither of them!

A clone of a particular cultivar may have the genetics to look exactly like
the original plant, but that doesn't guarantee that it will. Ignoring the
mutations that do occur in that process, culture can play a role as well.

"Bruce Musgrove" wrote in message
I looked at several and I thought it looked more like BobCat to me. The
labellum in Bloody Ruby is oulined in a diffferent color, and most of the
sepals / petals appear to have no color tips. Mine has a solid color
labellum with yelllow tipped sepals / petals.

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message

I'd bet it's colmanara Wildcat "Blood Ruby".

Gene

"Ray" wrote in message
news%bPg.1221$W13.162@trnddc05...
There's no way to know for certain, but I'd bet your "unknown for

Wal-Mart'
is Odontocidium (formerly Colmanara) Wildcatt.

"Bruce Musgrove" wrote in message
Of course it helps to include the link....

http://home.comcast.net/~katkom01/neworchid/album/

"Bruce Musgrove" wrote in message
Some pictures of the Orchids I purchased at Wal-mart on my recent
trip

Wichita Falls, Texas

Also included are my 3 new (my first) spikes and a new one at
wal-mart
today

Anyone have a spare greenhouse?