Old 18-09-2006, 08:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default On the subject of allotments

On 18/9/06 07:41, in article , "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:
snip
I was reading this and other posts about burglars and, whilst in Homebase or
some such godforsaken excuse for a DIY shop, came across the burglar-proof
paint that was mentioned in another thread. I'm think along the lines of a
small wall with this stuff on, so Peter and Mr Ratty are deterred from
venturing into my soon-to-be-built allotment. I can merely step over the
wall, having longer legs than them, then put a wire fence inside with a gate
to stop jumping animals like deer, kangaroos etc. Does this sound like a
good/feasible idea? I'm told Mr Ratty climbs like we dom needs to get a grip
etc, has similar skin. I don't know a lot about rabbits, apart from how to
skin and cook one.

We used electrified rabbit fencing to protect the duck pond (when we had
ducks!) Every so often, the battery had to be recharged but it was a tiny
zap, just enough to deter Jack Russells from duck-for-dinner. You could try
that. But my Commando relative tells me that it takes more energy for your
body to digest rabbit than it gives back to you. He did explain the detail
but it's whooshed right over the top of my head!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk