Old 18-09-2006, 09:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Wiring a Plug

this in , I, Marvo, say :

, I, Marvo, say :

Ian Smith wrote:

Yes, and now it's law that the good old black/red twin-and-earth
has gone. Blue/brown must be used for sockets and lighting, so the
changeover is complete. Even 3-phase 415v wiring in factories hasn't
escaped this nonsense; red/yellow/blue (with black neutral) now
brown/black/grey (with blue neutral). Step forward, not!

So "blue" has changed from a live colour to neutral. Smart move :-(

It is worse than that. And that reg is EU-wide, too.

Mike, why do you post things to 4 different newsfroups?

[hastens to add ...]

cos my thingy won't let me (and rightly so, I think).