Old 18-09-2006, 01:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bette Bette is offline

Default re Mulching

scfundogs wrote:
"Bette" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have seen several lovely homes in our area and they seem to have a
dark mulch around their trees
and flower beds.

Does this truly keep the weeds down?
Should we mulch in the Fall or Spring?

It keeps weeds down, doesn't eliminate them, even with landscape fabric
underneath. The weeding is minimal though compared to my unmulched areas.
There's another benefit that people sometimes overlook and that's the
moisture protection. I water my mulched beds once a week and my unmulched
plantings every other day.
Tara

Thanks Tara. We have well water, would that cause a problem?
bette