Old 18-09-2006, 04:14 PM posted to rec.gardens
Sue[_4_] Sue[_4_] is offline

Default wild buckwheat

Sounds like good advice. I am right now having my son pull out the
vines and bundle them up in plastic bags-the seeds don't seem to be
ripe just yet thank heavens.
Thanks!
Sue
Kay Lancaster wrote:
If what you have is Polygonum convolvulus, black bindweed,
(I know various species of our native Eriogonum as "wild buckwheat"),
it's a late-germinating annual. Watch for it to come up, and chop
it off with a hoe. Get it young enough and you only have to
scuffle the soil.

Add mulch. Good weed suppressant, and the raspberries will like it too.

And forget about flamethrowers. Definitely overkill.