Old 18-09-2006, 09:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
Scooter the Mighty Scooter the Mighty is offline

Default Potted pine

Mike wrote:
"Scooter the Mighty" wrote in message
oups.com...

It's not a banzai. It could be a Colorado spruce for all I know. There's a
hole in the pot and it appears to be draining ok. I have put it outside.
My apartment doesn't seem to be getting any sun now. I'm in Hawaii and
there are non indigenous Pines in the forests that survive without
horticultural dormancy.

There are a few kinds of pine that are tropical and don't need dormancy
(allepo pines and Norfolk Island pines are the ones that come to mind).
If yours is one of those it might surivive. If it's a Colorado spruce
or most other kinds of Pine, you'll probably get a year or two before
it starts acting wimpy and then dies.