Old 18-09-2006, 03:48 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.gardens.edible
Melissa Melissa is offline

Default Do you waste food?

"James" wrote in message
ps.com...
I have 20 tomatoe plants. I've noticed that I just toss a lot of
tomatoes that can really be used for soup or stew. Guess if I only had
one plant I would salvage blems by cutting out the bad parts. However
I'm just letting produce rot if it has a little blem or if it's a
little pass prime. Well it's not total waste since it just get
recycled in the soil. It's not like stuff being tossed by businesses
that end up in a landfill.

You could quarter them, and freeze them for cooking later.

Melissa