Old 18-09-2006, 07:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Happybattles Happybattles is offline

Default web site update - our hay bale garden featured

the only thing i can figure is that i need to include the a href="
along with the img src= code to create a live link??
With peace and brightest of blessings,

Correct, to use an image as a link do the following:

a href="website.com"
img src="image.jpg"
/a

I wasn't looking to get paid for anything, but I'd really like to see
your site traffic increase and you actually make a living from your
passion.

Since you pay your ISP for the webspace, you are probably running on a
Linux or Unix server... for which I can do nothing. If you ever switch
to a paid server, expect to pay $9-$25 per month for an ASP server. If
you ever do switch, I can create something nice for you.

As for a donation link, visit www.paypal.com and make an account. It
takes a couple of days to verify it, but they provide you with a link
you can use for donations.

Another idea is to chaning your webisite into one which uses a
pay-for-access feature. That means you'd have to spend a lot of time
doing reasearch at the library. But, you can help people by
introducing them to new ideas, methods and a little history of gardens
(think hanging gardens).

Also, to reduce the workload and improve your site even more, find
friends who know things about gardening or related topics and allow
them to post articles on yoru website. People love to give advice.

Expect to charge $1 per month to start out. Most people would be
willing to pay that even just out of curiosity.

However, all of this will require an ASP server for me to do it, or
$100 per page for a professional to do it. A one-time cost of about
$35 is required for the site certificate to ensure nobody can steal
passwords. That's usually good for a year. Renewals are usually half
the price.

Another question: Are you connected to the internet all the time? Also
- do you run Windows on your home computer? I may have a way around
the pay-for-ASP feature.